Herbal tinctures, also known as liquid herbal extracts, are the original US Pharmacopeia method for extracting herbs. Herbalists consider tinctures more effective than capsules, as they assimilate into the bloodstream more quickly. Extracted in an alcohol and water base, tinctures are concentrated remedies and are taken by the dropperful several times a day either neat or added to water, juice or tea.
Our handcrafted high potency herbal tinctures are made from organic and sustainably sourced botanicals from around the globe and utilize the ancient healing traditions of Chinese, Ayurvedic and Native American folk medicine.
The history of Milk Thistle extends back to Ancient Roman times when naturalist Pliny the Elder (A.D. 23-79) extolled the plant's virtues in supporting liver health.
Milk Thistle Seed
- Native to Southern Europe and Asia, Milk Thistle Seed is traditionally used as an herbal remedy to support liver, kidney, and gall bladder health.
- Studies suggest that an anti-inflammatory flavonoid complex called Silymarin helps to protect the liver from toxins.
- Approved by the German Commission E to support healthy liver function and minor dyspeptic complaints, such as heartburn, nausea, belching or upper abdominal pain.
Oregon Grape Root
- A North American remedy traditionally used to help soothe eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
- A bushy, flowering perennial with shiny, holly-like leaves.
- Contains Berberine, which offers antimicrobial and antibiotic properties.
Yellow Dock Root
- The green leaves of this herb are rich in Vitamins A and C and contain more Carotene than carrots.
- Traditionally used as a folk remedy to promote healthy digestion.
Oregon Grape Root (Mahonia aquifolium), Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum), Yellow Dock Root (Rumex crispus), Red Root (Ceanothus americanus), Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale), Fringe Tree Root Bark (Chionanthus virginicus), Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale), all extracted in Vegetable Glycerin, Certified Organic Cane Alcohol and Filtered Water
Shake well before using. Add up to 40 drops to water, juice or tea.
Caution: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing or on any medication. Keep out of reach of children.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
For more information about our ingredients, please visit our Ingredient Glossary.